Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Orion's Belt

Well, today is the day.  In less than 24 hours I will be in Dublin.  I was so anxious last night.  I mean, something this amazing can't really happen to me, right?  Luckily though, I tried out the melatonin tablets I am taking on the plane with me and I got a good night's sleep.  I feel charged up and ready to go, just like all my electronics, hopefully.

This morning, I woke up to what is one of the most reassuring sights in my world.  Orion's Belt was twinkling at me through the window.  It sounds ridiculous to say that three little stars are reassuring, but they are to me.  For some reason, I look up into the sky and see those shiny little dots, and everything is okay.  Maybe it is because the sight of them reassures me that the world spins, just as it has before, no matter what is happening to me.  Waking up to that sight was a gift to soothe me.



My next post may be from the airport, it may be from the plane, it may be from Dublin, but I will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment