Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tentative Travel

Itinerary

I bought my plane tickets last night!! I will be travelling on a new airline, Aer Lingus.  It'll be nice to try one that isn't a U.S. airline.  Lord knows I travel with those guys too much.


My destination will be Dublin, which means two things: one, I will get an Irish stamp in my passport (eek!) and two, I will get to explore the city for a day before I have to leave for Aber!


This is where plans are tentative.  I will spend two nights in Dublin, which gives me a whole day to explore: not long, I know, but it is an easy weekend trip from the University so I can have a better idea of the city before I go.  I will take the ferry over to Holyhead three days before the start of term (cutting it close but the dorms don't open until this day).  I have heard of Holyhead and am kind of excited to see it.  


From there I will take the Arriva train to Shrewsbury and pick up a connection to Wales.  I have a feeling I will become just as acquainted with the Arriva system as I am with the Amtrak system here in the states (I'm pretty darn familiar, if you I do say so myself).  I do wonder how nice the trains will be compared to the trains I've ridden in the States and in France.


And finally, I will arrive in Aber, hopefully with a dorm (apparently there are some policy changes affecting my housing status) to settle into.  I can't to walk around my new home and get to know the shops, the sights, and the sensations of Aber! Only 33 more days!

Love y'all,
Jessa

1 comment:

  1. Really cool. I hope you have a great time. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete