Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Checking In

I'm still waiting for word on my visa, but, no matter, I am still uber excited.  I thought I would do a quick check-in because I know that I said I would try to post once I week.  I was in Omaha, NE until Sunday with no computer and this week my best friend is staying with me until Friday, so I won't have much time to pop on and do a really nice post (I'm actually doing this one while she is asleep, hee hee).

I tinkered with the font and layout a bit, but please let me know if you have any difficulty seeing the colors or reading the text.  I implore you for feedback.

Now onto the actual study abroad blog bits.  Recently I have come to the realization that almost nothing is ready for me to go abroad, besides the fact that I am not enrolled whatsoever at Alabama.  I received a whisper of a notion that I will not be provided housing by my host university, I have yet to hear about what classes I will be taking or how I will officially register for those classes, and I have yet to buy a plane ticket.  So many people I know panic for me when I talk about this, but I am not worried.  I emailed my advisor at Aberystwyth and I will shoot an email shortly to my advisor back home to make sure I am contracted for housing with Aber. The other stuff can wait a touch longer and that doesn't frighten me a whit.

In all honesty, the best thing to do is not panic. So much of this process is out of my hands at the moment, so much relies on the organization and helpfulness of the others involved that if I panicked and tried to control everything, I'd be a hot mess. And that is my advice to you, if you are going through this process: R-E-L-A-X.  So much is going to be out of your control, because you are entering into a new realm, so do your best to go with the flow so that you can actually enjoy your experiences.  Tension begets Anxiety, but Peace begets Joy.

P.S. I know I am long-winded, hopefully as I get to taking pictures and/or videos of stuff to post, I will shorten stuff up.

Love y'all!
Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment