Sunday, August 12, 2012

End of a Chapter...

...And the Beginning of a New

It was exciting to watch the end of the London 2012 Olympics.  I'll be honest, I don't watch them for the sports, although they are quite inspiring.  I am a theatre and arts geek, and therefore watch two key events voraciously - the opening and closing ceremonies.  The British ceremonies were especially spectacular and they truly played my heartstrings.  This must be because I am a huge fan of British art - drama, music and most of all humour.

Eric Idle of Monty Python at the closing ceremony!
I think, even more so, watching these games has made me long to go to the U.K. even sooner.  I love seeing this country (that will be my home soon) celebrating all that makes it amazingly quirky, and, in my eyes, beautiful.  I can't wait to be there and I truly can't believe that it is less than six weeks until I arrive.  It thrills me.  Watching these games only made me all the more so.

For all those that want to be negative about how the U.K. went about these events: Piss off, please.

P.S. This will not be my post for the week: I only thought that this was too awesome a thing to not comment on. Also, I am thinking of adding sporadic and random posts about things that inspire my desire to be in the U.K. a.s.a.p. and new things that interest me once I am there. (Inspired by friend and fellow study abroad blogger Anna Riddle at ofshipsandsealingwax.blogspot.com: I hope I don't copy her blog over much, but it is well done, so... sorry Anna!)

Thanks y'all,
Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment