Tuesday, October 15, 2013

An Appreciation Post

First off, I appreciate that it has been a while since I last posted, but I am posting now.

I am in the process of working out and trying to get in shape, and every source I find tells me that I should be doing cardio. Cardio is hard for me, yet so totally worth it.  I have been trying to make good use of the trails that are available in the local parks around here; because, there really are some nice ones.  Today, I tried the park right by my apartment.
     This park is right on the busiest street in town, but is big enough that it goes through some pretty open and dark areas: there are copses of trees where a light is out, a stretch of track by the fire department that no one ever seems to be at. As I happened to pass this section, a white utility van pulled into a parking space, nothing strange, though, really. I just kept walking, listening to my music, and enjoying my time out of doors.
     A little ways down the road, I noticed my shoe lace coming undone - usually, I double-knot them, but today I just tied 'em up and went. I, of course, bent down to retie my laces - and double knot them - and when I stood up, I checked behind me, for some reason, and saw a man in a utility worker uniform walking behind me. It freaked me out, and more and more I felt that I needed to walk faster to get away from this man.  It seemed that there was no one else on the trail and I lamented being so stupid as not to walk with someone. I readied my pepper spray, just to be sure, and decided to cut off my walk early, instead of doing one more lap.
     As I got off the trail to go to my car, this man followed me onto the parking lot sidewalk. This was terrifying proof to me that he had been following me specifically; because, he had parked his utility van on the other leg of the trail - remember, I'd seen him pull up. Blessedly, there was a man in the truck parked next to my car, that could tell I was getting anxious about this man walking in jeans behind me, and he so amazingly let that man know that he was seeing everything and anything he did.
     Of course, I was panicking enough that I didn't start my car all the way, and this morning my car has been a little fritzy, so I freaked out even more. The an next to me asked me if I needed help, just before I figured it out and got my car running. I looked over and thanked him profusely as I drove away, trying hard to not cry in adrenalized relief.

So, all-in-all, it has been an interesting morning, and it is only 7:24 am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment