Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Insomnia and Nostalgia

Is it weird that I have been watching - strictly - British RomComs in the past few weeks when I can't sleep? I'm chalking it up to missing the United Kingdom, a place where I felt very much at home.

This time last year, I was in Aberystwyth, settling in, and getting to know my wonderful flatmates, and it all seemed so fresh and new - like we had all the world open to us. Me, being me, however, I soon began to fall into my bouts of insomnia and bingeing-and-purging, and was not as motivated or exuberant as I once was. The thing that surprised me, was that my flatmates (and our neighbors) were so amazingly encouraging - whether they even knew anything was going on or not. By the end of my time in Aber, I felt so loved by this group of people that I never expect to see again, and it was so worth it. So here are a few pictures that maybe are my favorites, and cheers to the people that prop us up when we need it.

Back of the London Eye

Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth

Dolly the Sheep

"The Birthplace of Harry Potter"

No comments:

Post a Comment