Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Calendula


Let's start the first full month of autumn with a pop of orange!

Today was also the start of my first semester in Aberystwyth, but I will start with last night.  It was probably the most interesting event because I had never done anything like it before. One word: karaoke. It was horrendous: we deleted the video.  I went with up the two other Americans in my flat and one of the guys from the flat below us.  Luckily, Martin (the guy from downstairs) was a big enough ham that everyone watched him.  As for me, I stared dumbfoundedly at the screen, but I promise I tried to dance.  I guess my body was just not responsive.  Never. Again. Okay maybe I will, but I was thoroughly ashamed.

As for the first day of October, that beautiful month that is chock full of cool, windy beauty, I was supposed to have class at nine, which really isn't bad, but once I got up to campus, I found out that the class had actually been re-timetabled (scheduled) to Tuesday at 10.  Apparently the module timetables have been a too fluid issue for this semester: the lady that was supposed to do it got sick and has yet to return to the university and therefore they've supposedly had no one in the position to work this problem out efficiently.  It's okay though, because I just need to get out of the flat and do something. So I explored: I walked around town and took pictures.  Without further ado, I give them to you:












































So I obviously found a graveyard that I thought was pretty neat because of the mix of generations to be found there, and I took many, mayhaps too many, landscape photos, but I don't care.

Then I went for a walk on the beach with my flatmate and walked to the Old College by myself later in the evening:

















Was this enough pictures? Little hint: click on one and you can look at the full size pictures in a slideshow mode, rather than this list of itty bitty ones.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - I'm in love with Aberystwyth. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete