Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ketchup



So it has been far too long since I posted last.  I am scared to even look and calculate the time we have lost here.  Sincerest apologies.  A lot has been happening though.  I turned my first essays in and I get them back some time this week! Excited and nervous at the same time for that development.  In the meanwhile, I have been to London for a weekend, visited Scotland for a week and will be taking up with the Aber Mock United Nations Society to the York conference this weekend - super nervous about that.

In fact, I think that is what I will discuss mainly in this post.  Besides catching up in general it is the main thing going on this week for me.  (I will input posts and pictures of London and Scotland hopefully tonight, I think I need to narrow down the picture posting list.)  But yea, I am Brazil in the International Monetary Fund, and for those of you that don't know what an MUN conference consists of here goes:

     It is at its a base a social gathering, which means it is a competition.  Delegates from different universities are sent to represent their Uni and the country they get landed with.  Me, I got the beautiful and wild Brazil.  My friend got Canada in the Human Rights Commission thingy which I think is just so much easier, honestly. We will go and argue the points and stance of our respective countries hoping to get our points put into the resolutions that will be drawn up in the course of the debate.  Hopefully, this won't be so hard.  There are two topics, though, that each need a resolution.  My first one is the review of SAPs (google it if you are interested, or message me or something) and their future role in the IMF, and the second is aiding the Eurozone debt crisis, in which Brazil is saying that they will give more money if they are given more power in return.  Brazil is going to have to be tough on this, because they are becoming a leading power, especially in the financial sector.  Great.  I have to be tough on this.  You see my dilema.

So I procrastinate. So far, I've written postcards and read the Silmarillion, and I have started thinking about my next two essays - which are due the week after next - but at some point tomorrow or Thursday I have to get my notes in order for this jig.  It will be tough I have no doubt.  I am honestly kind of steeling myself up against those people that fight to fight and those really frigid politically minded chicks that I know are going to be there.  Note: I single the female gender out because in the club meetings there are mostly guys and I have yet to face a lady and we tend to be different when we debate, at least that has been my observation.

I won't bore you with much more, except that I think after this trip to York, I do not plan on travelling anymore before I go home for Christmas.  However, I am hoping that after I turn in my essays on the 28th, there will be more time to think about blogging and such - unfortunately blogging takes too much effort for me to consider it a valid procrastination tool.

Here's a picture of Guy Fawkes Day celebrations her in Aber: I didn't go because I was in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment